Railway Age is pleased to announce the 25 “Fast Trackers” selected for this year’s 25 Under 40 awards program.
Established in 2016, the annual awards are presented to railroaders under the age of 40 in the United States, Canada and/or Mexico for making an impact in their respective fields or within their company.
This year’s honorees were selected from freight and passenger railroads; government entities; and the supplier, contractor and consultant communities. They were required to be under 40 as of Jan. 1, 2023.
“Our eighth-annual awards program honorees not only represent the strength and growth of our industry, but also the ‘best of the best,’” Railway Age Publisher Jonathan Chalon said. “Railway Age will feature their accomplishments in the February 2023 issue.”
“Once again, a strong, strong field of tremendous experience and variety across the depth and breadth of the railway industry across North America,” said Michigan State Center for Railway & Education Director Nick Little, who was program judge. “This year, I detected a shift away from technical expertise and data provision towards the ability to ask the right questions of the data. These are all very bright, capable and dedicated people.”
Honorees (in alphabetical order):
- Dr. Ananyo Banerjee, Principal Investigator II and Manager of NDE-Metallurgy Team, MxV Rail, a subsidiary of Association of American Railroads (AAR)
- Vance Batchelor, General Manager – Signal, North America, Progress Rail, a Caterpillar Company
- Lucas Czerkawski, Trainmaster, Georgia & Florida Railway, LLC, OmniTRAX
- Jeremy Dark, Director, Operations Performance, Greenbrier Rail Services
- William DeShazor, AVP Terminal Operations, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Mohammad El Hocheimi, Project Manager, RailPros
- Gregory Gadomski, PATH Superintendent, Power, Signals and Communications (PSC), PATH/Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ)
- Cameron Ginther, Project Manager for Divisions I and II, Watco
- Andrew Kasper, Director of Program Management, Wabtec
- Patrick Larm, General Director Health Services, Union Pacific Railroad
- Matthew Lawson, Engineer (Transit), Hatch
- Natalie Liggett, Senior Director of Finance, Customer Service North America, Siemens Mobility, Inc.
- Renee LoSapio, General Manager, Chesapeake and Delaware, LLC
- Phil Martin, Passenger Conductor (Certified), Amtrak
- Raul Stephen Paez, Cost Estimator, Trinity Rail
- Jaspreet Pannu, Assistant General Manager, Kansas City Southern
- Cary Pickerell, AVP of Engineering – South, R.J. Corman Railroad Company
- Brandon J. Pregler, Eastern District Superintendent, Iowa Interstate Railroad
- Alexander Ricci, Rail Engineer/Crossing Specialist, AECOM
- Cassandra Rintoul, Director of Marketing, Forest Products, CSX Transportation
- Chris Sanford, General Director, Transportation, BNSF Railway
- Adam R. Severinsen, Roadmaster Sun Rail, Alstom Transportation
- Rebecca Stephen, Director Investor Relations, Canadian Pacific
- Michelle Stewart, Senior Manager, Special Projects – Locomotive Fleet and Facilities, Metrolink (SCRRA)
- Jessie Ugaitafa, General Manager, San Joaquin Valley Railroad Company (SJVR), a subsidiary of Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Railway Age’s 2022 “Fast Trackers” 20 Under 40 Honorees
Railway Age’s 2021 “Fast Trackers” 20 Under 40 Honorees
Railway Age’s 2020 “Fast Trackers” 10 Under 40 Honorees
Railway Age’s 2019 “Fast Trackers” 10 Under 40 Honorees
Railway Age’s 2018 “Fast Trackers” 10 Under 40 Honorees
Railway Age’s 2017 “Fast Trackers” 10 Under 40 Honorees