Join Railway Age and Railway Track & Structures for Light Rail 2021, featuring top practitioners like Sound Transit CEO Peter Rogoff, plus Nuria Fernandez, who was recently nominated for Administrator of the Federal Transit Administration.
To be held virtually April 22, Light Rail 2021 will cover the specialized engineering and operational issues associated with LRT—the fastest-growing passenger rail mode. It was developed for transportation professionals in planning, operations, civil engineering, signaling and vehicle engineering.
FTA Acting Administrator Fernandez will serve as keynote speaker, addressing rail transit funding under the Biden Administration.
The three-hour event also includes:
• Peter Rogoff, Sound Transit, discussing “Maintaining LRT Growth in the Puget Sound Region.”
• John Mardente, Office of Safety, Assurance & Compliance at the Federal Railroad Administration, examining “Regulatory Changes for Shared-Use Operations.”
• Alfred E. Fazio, P.E., veteran railroad civil engineer and operating officer and Railway Age Contributing Editor, exploring “Electric or Diesel LRVs: Pros & Cons.”
• John Sleavin, Executive Technical Advisor at Sound Transit, highlighting the “Floating Bridge Project” engineering.
And just added to the line-up: Harry Saporta, retired safety and security executive (formerly of Tri-Met), who will address “Safety Risk Management and Certification: A Path to Safety Assurance.”
Railway Age Editor-in-Chief William C. Vantuono and RT&S Editor-in-Chief Bill Wilson will serve as moderators of Light Rail 2021.
• Register for Light Rail 2021, to be held April 22, 1:30 p.m-4:30 p.m ET. Registration includes access to the live event, as well as the ability to view it on demand for six months.
• To inquire about sponsorship opportunities, contact Jonathan Chalon at [email protected] or (212) 620-7224.