Light Rail 2022
November 16-17, Boston
Presented by Railway Age and RT&S
Planning, Engineering and Operations
Join Railway Age and RT&S at a premier event—Light Rail 2022, our annual conference on light rail transit, which returns to a live, in-person format since going virtual in 2020.
LRT, the fastest-growing passenger rail mode, employs a full range of technologies and operating practices. Light Rail 2022, developed for transportation professionals in planning, operations, civil engineering, signaling and vehicle engineering as well as students at the undergraduate and graduate level, will offer a comprehensive review of the specialized technical and operational issues associated with light and interurban railways. It will also examine the relationship between transportation and economic development in a modern urban environment. Professional Development Hours will be offered for Professional Engineers.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Spend valuable networking time with light rail professionals from around North America.
- Earn multiple Professional Development Hour credits if you’re a P.E.
- Share lessons-learned with industry colleagues.
- Connect with potential new customers.
- Acquire the knowledge you need about ongoing and planned projects.
- Discover what regulations are coming and how they could impact your business or operations.
- Advance your standing as a railway industry professional.
- History and Development of LRT in Boston
- Light Rail Engineering Standards
- Engineering for Operations
- Wheel/Rail Interface Considerations
- Safety Certification
- Vehicle Industrial Design for Post-COVID Operations
- Operations Planning and Modeling
Kevin CorbettPresident and CEO, New Jersey Transit
John MardenteCivil Engineer – Passenger Rail Division, FRA
Alfred E. Fazio, P.E.BRT Rail Services
Henry Posner IIIChairman, Railroad Development Corporation
William C. VantuonoEditor-in-Chief, Railway Age
HOTEL | VENUE
Attendees of Light Rail 2022 can book at the group rate of $269/night (plus taxes/fees). Our room block ends on October 14, 2022 at 5pm ET.
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown
275 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
Sponsorships are available for this event. Contact Jonathan Chalon at [email protected] or (212) 620-7224.
Railway Age/RT&S 2022 Light Rail Conference
November 16-17, Boston
(Agenda Subject to Change)
Day 1, Wednesday, November 16
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Margaret Fong, Chief Transportation Officer, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
History and Development of Light Rail in Boston
Rachel J. Burckardt, P.E., Assistant Vice President and Senior Project Manager, WSP USA
Engineering for Operations
- Lessons on Engineering Design
Alfred E. Fazio, P.E., BRT Rail Services
- Technological and Operational Developments in Shared-Use LRT and Freight (What is “Commuter Rail” and What is “Transit”?)
John Mardente, Civil Engineer – Passenger Rail Division, Federal Railroad Administration
- Improving Core System Capacity on DART
Gary Thomas, U.S. Transit Market Leader, Jacobs Engineering and Retired President/Executive Director, Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- PTC: Vital vs. Non-Vital, Temporal Separation, Commuter and LRT
Larry Warren, Regional PTC Specialist, FRA
Guest Speaker: Kevin Corbett, President and CEO, New Jersey Transit
LRV Interior Industrial Design for Post-Covid Operations
Cesar A. Vergara, President and Chief Designer, VergarStudio
Pop-Up Metro Applications for the U.S.
Henry Posner III, Chairman, Railroad Development Corporation
Cybersecurity, the New Paradigm for Rail Transit
- Speakers TBA
Keeping Design-Build Projects on Schedule: LA Metro Southwest Yard Maintenance Facility
Matt Dixon, P.E., Systems Engineer and Project Manager, Gannett Fleming
Day 2, Thursday, November 17
MBTA Green Line and Mattapan Line Transformation Projects
Dennis Baker, Vice President and New England Area Manager, WSP USA. MBTA speaker TBA
Converting Legacy Systems to Modern LRT Standards
Anthony Fazio, P.E., Manager, Rail Projects, Jacobs Engineering; Greg Woods, General Manager, Valley Metro Light Rail Transportation Services (ACI), Phoenix, Arizona
End of Conference Sessions
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
MBTA GREEN LINE LIGHT RAIL TOUR
Join Railway Age and RT&S at Light Rail 2022, our annual conference on light rail transit. LRT—the fastest-growing passenger rail mode—employs a full range of technologies and operating practices. This conference and expo, developed for transportation professionals in planning, operations, civil engineering, signaling and vehicle engineering, gives your company the opportunity to make direct connections with the decision-makers in attendance.