Erik Stoothoff, Chief Engineer and Acting Chief Operating Officer of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, will give the keynote address at the Railway Age/RT&S Light Rail 2022 Conference, November 16-17, Boston, which returns to a live, in-person format since going virtual in 2020.
Stoothoff is a transportation and engineering professional with more than 20 years of engineering and leadership experience driving design, construction, operational, and organizational solutions that are actionable, efficient, and sustainable. Prior to being named Acting COO in August 2022, he was MBTA’s Chief Engineer for the MBTA, responsible for all engineering, maintenance, quality management standards, design and maintenance management.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Spend valuable networking time with light rail professionals from around North America.
- Earn multiple Professional Development Hour credits if you’re a P.E.
- Share lessons-learned with industry colleagues.
- Connect with potential new customers.
- Acquire the knowledge you need about ongoing and planned projects.
- Discover what regulations are coming and how they could impact your business or operations.
- Advance your standing as a railway industry professional.
LRT, the fastest-growing passenger rail mode, employs a full range of technologies and operating practices. Light Rail 2022, developed for transportation professionals in planning, operations, civil engineering, signaling and vehicle engineering as well as students at the undergraduate and graduate level, will offer a comprehensive review of the specialized technical and operational issues associated with light and interurban railways. It will also examine the relationship between transportation and economic development in a modern urban environment.