Keolis Group makes Executive Committee appointments; WSP USA National Transit and Rail Leader receives Woman of the Year Award from the Northeast Florida Chapter of WTS International (WTSI); STV appoints Vice President; Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI) announces new members of the Board of Directors and National Advisory Council.
Clément Michel, President and CEO of Keolis North America, has been named Senior Executive Vice President Human Resources and Transformation of Keolis Group, succeeding Bruno Danet, who is leaving the company. Michel joins the Executive Committee and will also lead the group’s Health and Safety, Employee Engagement, and Sustainable Development policies.
Keolis Group has also hired Annelise Avril as Senior Executive Vice President Marketing, Innovation and New Mobilities, succeeding Jean Ghedira, who is stepping down. Avirl will start her new role June 7, when she will also become a member of the Executive Committee. She served previously as Group Senior Vice President in charge of innovation, marketing, digital transformation and research at SUEZ.
“I am delighted to welcome Clément and Annelise to our motivated and dynamic Executive Committee where they will contribute to a new phase in Keolis’ development,” Keolis Group CEO Marie-Ange Debon said.
WSP USA’s Jannet Walker-Ford (pictured, far left) has been honored as Northeast Florida WTS Woman of the Year. WTSI is a transportation organization “dedicated to creating a more diverse, inclusive and equitable transportation industry through the global advancement of women.” The annual award is presented to a woman who “is a member of the chapter, is recognized as an outstanding role model in transportation, and is a transportation leader who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry.”
Walker-Ford joined WSP USA earlier this year as a Senior Vice President, following service at AECOM. She has more than 20 years of transportation experience, and has also held the positions of Deputy General Manager/Deputy CEO as well as Chief Information Officer at the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), where she led the implementation of a regional smartcard fare collection system.
At STV, Joseph Savalli has been promoted to Vice President. He joined the firm in 2018, and served most recently as Deputy Operations Manager for the Eastern Region. In addition to managing selected projects, he will direct a team of project managers and provide support to the Operations Manager on budgeting, forecasting, staff utilization, business development, and interaction between the architectural and engineering disciplines.
“From the day Joe started at STV, he took ownership of projects and led them brilliantly, using his more than 30 years of experience delivering projects in New York City,” said Robert Papocchia, Vice President and Operations Manager in STV’s Eastern Region.
Savalli has overseen major building condition assessment and rehabilitation work, including the design of roof and façade repairs. He has also spearheaded structural design efforts for multiple new high-rise and mixed-use buildings in the New York metropolitan area.
OLI has named the members of its Board of Directors and National Advisory Council (NAC) for the two-year term that began Jan. 1, 2021.
“OLI is incredibly fortunate to have dedicated, active Board members as well as engaged NAC members,” OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh said. “All of these knowledgeable professionals are committed to our mission to prevent deaths and injuries at railroad crossings and around rail and transit property.”
2021-23 OLI Board Members:
• Jo Strang, Chair; Senior Vice President Safety and Regulatory Policy, American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association
• Mark A. Schulze, Vice Chairman; Vice President, Safety, Training and Operations Support, BNSF
• Jason M. Morris, Treasurer; Assistant Vice President Safety and Environmental, Norfolk Southern
• Nancy Hudson, Secretary, State Coordinator; Executive Director, Alabama Operation Lifesaver
• Katie Chimelewski, National Advisory Council Co-Chair; Director, Safety & Certification, American Road & Transportation Builders Association
• Jessica Feder, National Advisory Council Co-Chair; Executive Director, Indiana Operation Lifesaver
• Rachel Maleh, Ex-Officio Non-Voting; Executive Director, OLI
• Nicole Brewin, Senior Vice President, Government & Public Affairs, Railway Supply Institute, Inc.
• Kelly Clough, Deputy Chief of Police, Canadian Pacific
• Martin Conway, Deputy Chief, Amtrak Police Department
• Stephen Covey, Chief of Police and Chief Security Officer, CN
• Sean Douris, Chief of Police, Public Safety, & Infrastructure Protection, CSX
• Andy Elkins, Manager of Hazmat Compliance, Association of American Railroads
• Shayne Gill, Program Director for Multimodal Transportation, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
• Polly Hanson, Director of Security, Risk, and Emergency Management, American Public Transportation Association
• Barry E. Morton, Assistant Vice President, Health & Safety, Kansas City Southern
• Emma Moser, Director, Safety & Reporting, Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Services, Inc.
• Suzanne M. Rohde, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs & Policy, American Bus Association
• John Walsh, Director of Hazardous Materials Programs, Short Line Safety Institute
• Lawrence K. Wenko, Sr. Manager Public Safety, Union Pacific Railroad
2021-2023 OLI National Advisory Committee Members:
• Katie Chimelewski, Co-Chair; Director, Safety & Certification, American Road & Transportation Builders Association
• Jessica Feder, Co-Chair; Executive Director, Indiana Operation Lifesaver
• Rachel Maleh, Ex-Officio; Executive Director, OLI
• Tasha Bartholomew, Manager of Communications, Caltrain
• Tracy Bergerson, Detective, CP Police
• Jason Bishop, Regional Manager Community Affairs and Safety, CSX
• Jonathan Bondra, Police Inspector, CN Police Department
• Kevin Burns, State Coordinator, Connecticut Operation Lifesaver
• Rick Campbell, Senior Project Manager, Alfred Benesch & Company
• Janice Cowen, State Coordinator, South Carolina Operation Lifesaver
• Jessica Devorsky, Executive Director, Texas Operation Lifesaver
• Doug Farler, State Coordinator, Arizona Operation Lifesaver
• Scott Gabree, Engineering Psychologist, USDOT, Volpe Center
• Tim Hull, Executive Director, Missouri Operation Lifesaver
• Taylor Kelley, Manager of Safety, Training and Regulatory Compliance, Rio Grande Pacific Corp.
• Nadji Kirby, Senior Program Manager-Domestic Road Safety, Safe Kids Worldwide
• Steve Kreins, Executive Director, Oregon Operation Lifesaver
• Danny Lites, Public Safety Director, Kansas City Southern
• Jeff Longman, Assistant Chief of Police, BNSF Railway Police
• Will Miller, Public Safety Director, Norfolk Southern
• R. Quinn Norman, Representative, Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen
• James Payne, Staff Director, Grade Crossing Safety and Trespass Prevention Program Division, Federal Railroad Administration
• Barbara Petito, Lead Communications Specialist, Amtrak Police Department
• Ryan Ringelman, General Director System Safety, BNSF
• Buck Russel, Sr. Supervisor Public Safety, Union Pacific
• Kimbler Sloan, Executive Director, Mississippi Operation Lifesaver
• Alan Stouder, State Coordinator, Ohio Operation Lifesaver
• Tamo Vahemets, Chairman of the Board, Operation Lifesaver Estonia