Amtrak on Jan. 17 released its third annual Diversity Report showcasing the company’s representation data across all levels and departments through Fiscal Year (FY) 2022.
Committed to advancing diversity, inclusion and belonging (DI&B), Amtrak says the report (download below) measures progress against its annual and long-term goals and maps out what lies ahead in FY23.
According to the report, Amtrak earned two important external recognitions for DI&B progress to date in 2022, including receiving top scores on the 2022 Disability Equality Index and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index.
Highlights from the report include:
- “Hiring more than 3,700 new employees in line with the company’s broader goal to recruit individuals that reflect the diversity of Amtrak’s customers and the communities it serves.
- “Signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion Pledge and joining the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
- Increasing inclusive benefits including expanded medical eligibility for domestic partners and additional gender affirmation support.
- “Supporting eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), including the creation of the newest ERG focused on mental health.
- “Giving diverse voices within ERGs more platforms to share their experiences and perspectives, including corporate town hall events.”
For FY23, Amtrak says it will “remain focused on people, the workplace and community through continued development of its ERGs, while increasing its visibility as an employer of choice.” As the company continues to grow, with more than 4,000 new jobs being added in FY23, interested candidates are encouraged to visit careers.amtrak.com.
“Belonging is a journey, not a destination, and it’s fostered when all individuals are treated fairly, have equal access to opportunities and can contribute fully to Amtrak’s success. This is what makes Amtrak a great place to work,” said Amtrak Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer Qiana Spain.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT BELOW: