VIA Rail Canada Inc. President and CEO Mario Péloquin will deliver the keynote address at Railway Age’s 2023 Next-Gen Train Control Conference, presented jointly with Parsons Oct. 26-27 in Philadelphia.
Péloquin began his five-year appointment at VIA Rail in June 2023. In a VIA Rail press release, he is described as “passionate about the power of rail to transform communities, reduce carbon footprints, and drive economic growth.” In his keynote address, he will share his experiences within the industry, matched against his outlook for the future of train control.
A nearly 40-year transportation industry veteran, Péloquin served most recently as Executive Vice President, Major Projects for the Keolis Group.
Péloquin’s previous roles include Vice President Operations, AECOM Group Inc.;, Chief Operating Officer of New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority; and President and CEO of Thales Transport and Security Ltd. He began his career in 1984 as CN’s Chief Rail Traffic Controller in Toronto, and later moved on to become Senior Advisor, Rail Safety at Transport Canada, Senior Investigator at the Transportation Safety Board of Canada, and Manager Light Rail for the city of Ottawa.
More on Next-Gen Train Control 2023
Hearing and learning from industry leaders like Péloquin is just one reason to attend Next-Gen Train Control 2023. Need more? Here are ten:
- Spend valuable networking time with signaling and train control professionals from around the world.
- Learn about innovative approaches to implementing advanced technologies.
- Discover new methods for procurement and contracting.
- Provide input on standards development.
- Become better-informed on current R&D initiatives.
- Share lessons-learned with industry colleagues.
- Connect with potential new customers.
- Acquire all the knowledge you need about ongoing and planned projects.
- Discover what regulations are coming and how they could impact your business.
- Advance your standing as a railway industry professional.
Railway Age’s 2023 Next-Gen Train Control Conference, presented jointly with Parsons, has been the global rail industry’s single-most important communications and signaling event since 1995. Presented by leading experts from around the world, NGTC features in-depth technical sessions and comprehensive project updates on CBTC for rail transit, PTC for main line railways, and related advanced and emerging technologies—telematics, artificial intelligence, Big Data, cybersecurity and more. If you’re a railway C&S professional, NGTC 2023 is the conference to attend.