The Rail Freight Business Development conference is designed to help railroad executives develop and grow their business.
JOHN C. HELLMANNChairman, President & CEO Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
JJ RUESTInterim President & CEO, CN
Speaking at the event will be JJ Ruest, Interim President & CEO from CN and this year’s Railroader of the Year winner Jack Hellmann, CEO of Genesee & Wyoming.
We have many more speakers and the content of program will focus on:
- Investments to develop and maintain a safe, reliable and cost-effective multimodal freight network that will create jobs, support U.S. businesses, and benefit the economy for years to come.
- New rail freight projects offer numerous opportunities for freight railroads of all sizes to leverage resources, grow business, and expand capacity.
- Helping railroads move away from business as usual and move towards financial growth.
- Using federal, state and local funding mechanisms for expansion.
- How to work within the design-build-operate model for new business.
- Raising private dollars to grow business.
- Building partnerships across sectors and organizations to develop business.
- Interfacing with the trucking and marine modes to expand capacity.
- Working with 3PLs (third-party logistics providers).
HOTEL | VENUE
Attendees of Railway Age Rail Freight Business Development receive a discounted hotel rate of $189/night (+ taxes/fees).
Mention Railway Age Rail Freight Business Development when making your reservation. Our room block closes February 12, 2018.
UNION LEAGUE CLUB OF CHICAGO
65 W Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604
Reservations: 1.800.443.0578; [email protected]
SPONSORSHIPS | EXHIBITS
Sponsorships and exhibits are available for this event. Contact Jonathan Chalon at 212.620.7224, [email protected].
Tel: 212.620.7208 | Email: [email protected]
Welcome Reception from 5:00pm-6:30pm in the Crystal Room (Sponsorship Available)
Registration in the Crystal Room Foyer | Continental Breakfast (Sponsorship Available) | Expo Open
JJ Ruest, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer, CN
Rail Gateway to the Future: Port of New Orleans Invests in the Public Belt
Chris Bonura, Director of Maritime and Rail Integration, Port of New Orleans
John Elliott, Senior Vice President, Strategic Rail Finance
Coffee Break Sponsored by The Greenbrier Companies
Time for a New North American Rail Strategy
Lee A. Clair, Managing Partner, Transportation and Logistics Advisors, LLC
Luncheon (Sponsorship Available) | Expo Open
Michael Flynn, Senior Account Director, Cushman & Wakefield
MSU Railway Business Development Research Initiatives
Nick Little, Director, Railway Education – Michigan State University Broad College of Business
Afternoon Coffee Break Sponsored by Railhead
Infrastructure Funding and Tax Reform: What’s In It for Railroads?
Darrell Wilson, Assistant Vice President Government Relations, Norfolk Southern
John C. “Jack” Hellmann, President and CEO, Genesee & Wyoming Inc., and Railway Age 2018 Railroader of the Year
Agenda subject to change.
Investment to develop and maintain a safe, reliable and cost-effective multimodal freight network will create jobs, support U.S. businesses, and benefit the economy for years to come. RAIL FREIGHT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT is a comprehensive look at the financial, legislative, operational, logistical and political issues associated with the numerous opportunities for freight railroads of all sizes to grow business and expand capacity.
Created for railroad personnel in the areas of business development, client relations, sales, finance, planning, and infrastructure, RAIL FREIGHT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT helps companies move away from business as usual and move towards financial growth.
Sponsor or exhibit at this event and network face-to-face with industry decision-makers: the executives with purchasing power.
Gold, social function, and custom sponsorships are available. A limited number of exhibit spaces are also available.