NJT CEO Kevin Corbett Featured at Railway Age/RT&S LRT ConferenceWritten by William C. Vantuono, Editor-in-Chief
Kevin Corbett, President and CEO of New Jersey Transit, will give the luncheon address at the Railway Age/RT&S Light Rail 2022 Conference, November 16-17, Boston, which returns to a live, in-person format since going virtual in 2020.
Corbett leads NJ Transit, among the nation’s largest public transportation agencies, whose comprehensive, integrated statewide system encompasses three LRT networks—Hudson-Bergen, Newark Light Rail and RiverLINE—regional/commuter rail and bus. Established in1983, NJT is well-known for innovative engineering and design, as well as groundbreaking LRT operating practices.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Spend valuable networking time with light rail professionals from around North America.
- Earn multiple Professional Development Hour credits if you’re a P.E.
- Share lessons-learned with industry colleagues.
- Connect with potential new customers.
- Acquire the knowledge you need about ongoing and planned projects.
- Discover what regulations are coming and how they could impact your business or operations.
- Advance your standing as a railway industry professional.
LRT, the fastest-growing passenger rail mode, employs a full range of technologies and operating practices. Light Rail 2022, developed for transportation professionals in planning, operations, civil engineering, signaling and vehicle engineering as well as students at the undergraduate and graduate level, will offer a comprehensive review of the specialized technical and operational issues associated with light and interurban railways. It will also examine the relationship between transportation and economic development in a modern urban environment.