Nuria Fernandez, Acting Administrator of the Federal Transit Administration, will headline Light Rail 2021, to be held virtually April 22 by Railway Age and Railway Track & Structures.
Developed for transportation professionals in planning, operations, civil engineering, signaling and vehicle engineering, Light Rail 2021 will feature a comprehensive review of the specialized engineering and operational issues associated with LRT—the fastest-growing passenger rail mode. Registration is now open.
As keynote speaker, Fernandez will address rail transit funding under the Biden Administration. Joining her on the three-hour agenda are:
• Peter Rogoff, CEO of Sound Transit, who will discuss “Maintaining LRT Growth in the Puget Sound Region.”
• John Mardente, Office of Safety, Assurance & Compliance at the Federal Railroad Administration, who will cover “Regulatory Changes for Shared-Use Operations.”
• Alfred E. Fazio, P.E., veteran railroad civil engineer and operating officer and Railway Age Contributing Editor, who will explore “Electric or Diesel LRVs: Pros & Cons.”
• John Sleavin, Executive Technical Advisor at Sound Transit, who will highlight the “Floating Bridge Project” engineering.
Railway Age Editor-in-Chief William C. Vantuono and RT&S Editor-in-Chief Bill Wilson will serve as moderators of Light Rail 2021.
Registration includes access to the live event, as well as the ability to view it on demand for six months.
• Register for Light Rail 2021, to be held April 22, 1:30 p.m-4:30 p.m ET.
• To inquire about sponsorship opportunities, contact Jonathan Chalon at [email protected] or (212) 620-7224.