Join Railway Age’s inaugural “Young Professionals” conference to discover how to grow your career in the freight and passenger rail industry.
Our 25 Under 40 program judge Nick Little, who is Director of Railway Education at Michigan State U., will talk with honorees Mohit Bhat of CN and Vance Batchelor of Progress Rail about their success and insights on today’s C&S/IT discipline.
Hearing from these pros, as well as others in the Mechanical, Marketing & Service Design, Engineering, and Finance sectors, is just one reason to participate in this no-cost virtual event, to be held May 11. Need more reasons? Here are four.
1. At Railway Age Young Professionals, discover answers to such questions as: What are the industry’s immediate and long-term needs? What are the most promising growth sectors? Why should you make a long-term career out of the rail industry?
2. Learn how you can grow in your own freight or passenger railroading career from some of the industry’s younger C-suite executives, including Genesee & Wyoming CEO John C. Hellmann, Amtrak EVP and Chief Human Resource Officer Qiana Spain, and Watco CEO Dan Smith.
3. Gain insight into the industry’s networking and career development opportunities—from Employee Research Groups (ERGs) and mentorships to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
4. Ask our experienced younger rail industry professionals your own questions!
Among the speakers on the line-up:
In addition to its speakers, Railway Age Young Professionals is being supported by several sponsors, including Genesee & Wyoming (gold), Edna A. Rice Executive Recruiters (case study), Inc., AREMA (bronze) and Watco (bronze).
Serving as moderators of the fireside-chat style sessions are: Railway Age Executive Editor Marybeth Luczak and Senior Editor Carolina Worrell, plus Nick Little, Director Railway Education, Center for Railway Research & Education at Michigan State University, and judge of Railway Age’s “Fast Trackers” 25 Under 40 awards program since its establishment in 2016.
Registration includes access to the more than three-hour live event, as well as the ability to view it on demand for six months.
- Register for Railway Age Young Professionals, a no-cost virtual event, to be held May 11, 1:00 p.m. – 4:25 p.m.
- To inquire about sponsorship opportunities, contact Jonathan Chalon at [email protected] or (212) 620-7224.