STV on March 1 announced its new 2023-2025 Strategic Plan outlining three key priorities and unveiled a new rebrand that “embodies the company’s bold new direction with updated purpose and values.”
According to STV, the three-year strategic plan will focus on “growing the business to diversify its market share, reimagining day-to-day operations to enhance efficiency and investing in a world-class employee experience to attract, retain and grow talent.”
The culmination of extensive market research, client feedback and employee survey initiatives launched by STV President and CEO Greg Kelly, PE, the 2023-2025 Strategic Plan will focus on the following:
- Grow the Business: “STV will expand its industry markets, services and geographic footprint to meet the needs of current and future clients. Current high-growth markets include highway, bridge, aviation, water, rail, education, healthcare and justice sectors. The company aims to expand its services by leveraging its locally focused operating model coupled with its national technical experts in the firm’s newly launched Centers of Excellence to better support clients.
- Reimagine Operations: “As part of the new plan, STV is reimagining all operations to transform its client experience, deepen its capabilities and streamline operations. The company will also renew and expand its focus on corporate citizenship.
- Invest in People: “STV will enhance its world-class employee experience by connecting with top talent, mentoring the next generation of industry leaders and creating formative career experiences. To develop its employees and cement its position as the employer-of-choice, the plan includes new programs to broaden the pathways for employees to advance in their careers, while providing challenging and unique professional development opportunities.”
These priorities, STV says, anchor the company’s strategic plan, “positioning the company to meet generational changes in the workforce and workplace; address increased competition and consolidation across the industry; support the significant growth in infrastructure investment across the public and private sector; and expand the company’s footprint.”
“STV exists to make communities better,” said Kelly. “We do that by providing innovative solutions to our clients that help connect people and places and connect the present to the future. Our strategic plan emphasizes performance with purpose. We are proud to unveil a strategy that articulates that vision and outlines the path to achieve it.”
According to STV, the company’s strategic plan and new brand was a collaborative 12-month effort involving more than 1,600 employees, 55 individual employee focus groups, extensive engagement with STV leadership and more than 40 client interviews, all of whom provided perspectives to help shape the company’s brand vision for the future.
Elements of STV’s brand evolution includes:
- New Purpose Statement: “STV makes communities better through innovative solutions that connect people, places and the present to the future.
- New Logo: “As stewards of the communities STV serves, the logo reflects how the company connects people and place.
- Updated Values:
- “Integrity–We do what’s right.
- “Partnership–We partner to deliver for our clients and communities.
- “Optimism–We see opportunity to do good in every situation.”
Additionally, STV is moving its flagship New York City office from 225 Park Avenue South to the Empire State Building. The new offices, the company says, “provide a bright modern workspace and creates an environment where STV employees can do their best work.”