Railway Age is now accepting entries for its fourth annual “Fast Trackers” 10 Under 40 awards, in which we will profile ten individuals under the age of 40 who have made an impact in their respective fields or within their company. Nick Little, Director of Railway Education at Michigan State University’s Center for Railway Research and Education, will judge the entries. Those that represent the “best of the best” will be featured in Railway Age’s February 2020 issue and recognized at our Railroader of the Year Dinner, March 10, 2020, at the Union League Club of Chicago.
“One of the North American railway industry’s most valuable assets is the vast amount of institutional knowledge held by its people,” says Little. “Railroading, freight or passenger, is a complex undertaking, from many angles. We owe out young people, and countless others like them, the best of who and what we are. Last year, we had many outstanding submissions covering the full breadth of the North American railway industry. It was difficult to select just 10 honorees. It’s was great to see such diversity, and heartening that so many good, younger people are coming forward to carry our industry into the future. We expect interest this year to be even greater.”
• The nominee must be located within the 50 states, Washington, D.C., Canada and/or Mexico.
• The nominee must be under the age of 40 as of January 1, 2020.
• There is no limit on the number of entries each firm or person can submit, and there is no entry fee.
• Candidates may nominate themselves.
- Industry experience and education.
- Leadership skills.
- Industry contributions.
- Community service involvement.
DEADLINE: December 16, 2019, 5:00 PM EST