Marion, Ohio, located in the north-central area of the state, is home to the Marion Industrial Center, a versatile facility ideally suited for owner/operators and investors in Intermodal, Transloading, 3PL (third-party logistics), Automobile Storage and Distribution, and industrial real estate development. Privately owned and operated since 1975, the Center is now available for sale to “owners and operators of logistics and transportation businesses who can utilize it to gain strategic advantage and enhance their overall operations,” according to Cushman & Wakefield’s Managing Director, Whitney Kerr, Jr.
“We are pleased to offer the Marion Industrial Center for sale,” says Cushman & Wakefield’s Director and Advisory Lead, Rail Advisory Services, Michael T. Flynn. “With our 840 logistics and industrial professionals providing expertise to clients around the world, we at Cushman & Wakefield are up to the challenge. The combination of Industrial real estate, 3PL services, rail and extensive material handling assets make Marion Industrial Center a unique opportunity. Its 511 acres, zoned industrial land and more than 1.5 million square feet of Distribution Facilities, along with approximately 10 miles of Class I Trackage support Onsite Transloading, Automobile, Lumber storage and available Intermodal services. Additionally, more than 300 acres of land is available for expansion and new development.”
The Marion Industrial Center offers a dedicated professional staff providing personalized switching with the 2 Locomotives and 2 Tracmobiles on site. Dozens of Forklifts are available to handle any of the tenants’ needs requested. Also, there are one of the largest privately owned auto ramps in the U.S., facilities for processing, almost limitless laydown with 200 acres of prepared outside storage and a fully equipped legacy Intermodal facility. The Center, located at 3007 Harding Highway in East Marion, is directly served by CSX daily from an adjacent main line.
“This multi-purpose logistics complex has operated for 45 years with efficiency and profitability,” Flynn notes. “The City of Marion offers an excellent supply of a skilled and motivated labor force. With its branch of Ohio State University, Marion Tech, TriRivers Career Center, and RAMTEC, Marion has earned its name as “America’s Workforce Capital!” Marion has a reliable transportation infrastructure and is easily accessible to anywhere in Ohio and the five surrounding States. Marion Industrial Center offers something the transportation and logistics market rarely sees available for purchase. It’s much more than a versatile complex with an established long-time business. It’s really about the facility’s value proposition: The cost to duplicate this mix of real estate and supply chain assets would be prohibitively expensive. Cushman & Wakefield is excited to handle this sale. The market interest we’ve seen so far has been strong, and we urge interested parties to contact us right away.”
EXCEPTIONAL INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY
- Net operating income of $4.77 million in 2019.
- 1,556,420 square feet of warehouse and manufacturing space. Most of it is dock-high, with dozens of truck docks and drive-in doors. 95% of the buildings are rail accessible.
- 511 acres of zoned industrial and improved land, including more than 300 acres of land for expansion and new development.
- 49,872 feet (9.45 miles) miles of trackage served by CSX.
- Complete 3PL services available.
- Customizable Automobile storage (25,000 vehicles) with processing services available and equipment installation services.
- More than 50 existing tenants.
- Intermodal terminal.
- Depot Express, a trucking company that specializes in regional transportation.
- Value-add opportunities include new development for tenants and prospects, attractive rental rates, adjacent 300 acres of land available for expansion, economic incentives, and excellent labor supply.
Whitney Kerr, Jr., SIOR, CCIM
Cushman & Wakefield
Michael T. Flynn
Director and Advisory Lead
Rail Advisory Services
Cushman & Wakefield
Grant Tidemann, SIOR
Mike Hurd, SIOR
Cushman & Wakefield