Job Title: Manager Rail Infrastructure Design
Department: Rail Operations
Work Location: Newark, New Jersey
- Manages Signal Department staff activities including preparation, review and approval of design calculations, plans and specifications, cost estimates and schedules. Submits to appropriate regulatory agencies for review and approval.
2. Manages staff activity relating to scope of work, request and evaluation of proposals through completed construction contract documents.
3. Provides direction to Procurement/Contract Administration group regarding technical questions, execution of change orders, review and approval of alternative products. Manages the development of administrative items such as Board items, briefing papers, fact sheets, etc. Provides construction support for designed projects to ensure adherence to intent of original designs.
4. Manages staff activities related to project management of construction projects performed by outside contractors. Includes management of budget, schedule, impact on operations and quality control. Produces completed projects necessary to ensure the integrity and reliability of the infrastructure and to enhance the system capacity.
5. Reviews designs provided by consultants for Engineering, Development & Construction Department, NJ Department of Transportation and other external parties. Ensures system-wide conformance to NJ TRANSIT and industry standards and ensures construction and maintenance of designed items have as little adverse impact on operations as possible.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related area, and six (6) years of progressive managerial applied experience in design and construction. Professional Engineer license required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resumes to: [email protected]