Field Inspector – MID
This position will be located in Saskatchewan, Canada
Transportation Technology Center, Inc. (TTCI), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Association of American Railroads (AAR), is home to world-renowned experts in all facets of railway technology. Part of TTCI’s mission is to promote the safest railroad transportation possible. The AAR is a self-regulatory entity and TTCI’s Mechanical Inspection Department (MID) assists in providing safe transportation through Quality Assurance, in-house technical inspections, and training to ensure customers meet industry specifications, Codes of Federal Regulations (CFR), and AAR Interchange Requirements. The MID is a highly trained group that provides a wide variety of services to external and internal customers.
Responsible for inspecting assigned railroad and private freight car maintenance facilities for compliance with AAR and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) requirements (e.g., AAR Interchange Rules; AAR Manual of Standards and Recommended Practices; directives from AAR Committees; FRA Freight Car Safety Standards; FRA Power Brakes and Drawbar Laws; and FRA Safety Appliance Standards).
The successful candidate will possess the necessary skills to perform AAR Quality Assurance audits, mechanical repair inspections, wheel shop inspections, M-214 truck side frame/bolster inspections, Rule 88 car rebuild inspections, roller bearing mounting inspections and airbrake shop inspections at member railroad/private repair facilities.
- Freight car repair/inspection credentials and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in inspection/repair of freight cars and/or locomotives.
- Effective and positive communication skills (verbal and written).
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to manage workload with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft® Word, database management, and electronic transmission of documents.
- Incumbent must be able to attain AAR Quality Assurance accreditation within six (6) months and perform Quality Assurance audits under AAR Specification M-1003, Section J.
- Must be willing to travel extensively in Canada, and other international destinations to meet customer requirements.
Must be able to work under the following working and physical conditions:
Environment; shop and field conditions. Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and walk in an industrial and/or railroad environment, including uneven surfaces, such as ballast.
- Vision: see in the normal visual range with our without correction, vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents
To Apply: Visit the career opportunities page at: https://secure4.entertimeonline.com/ta/6145324.jobs?rnd=IOE&ApplyToJob=168076947&@rtm=1
TTCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status