Join the Largest Public Transportation Authority in North America
Executive Vice President, Station Service and Strategic Planning
NYC Transit, Department of Subway
Job Vacancy Notice 93101
MTA New York City Transit (NYCT) serves more than 6 million subway customers and 2.3 million bus customers on an average weekday. Its 50,000 employees provide mass transit and paratransit service throughout the five boroughs of New York City, including operating almost 6,400 subway cars at 472 stations.
The NYC Transit Department of Subways employs 30,000 individuals who work together 24/7, 365 days a year, to move millions of customers safely to their destinations. These employees operate trains, maintain railcars, assist customers in stations, make critical right-of-way or electronic repairs, and provide administrative support to deliver timely and reliable customer services.
The NYC Transit Department of Subways is seeking a dynamic leader to play a critical role in transforming and leading a modernized, strategic, data-driven and customer-focused subways organization. The selected candidate will join the executive leadership team and oversee 7,000 employees in leading all aspects of NYCT Station Operations as well as Staten Island Railway. The Executive Vice President will also lead a 450-person team in delivering operations support and capital planning functions for the entire Subways department. The leader serving in this role will also be responsible for engaging in strategic, financial and workforce planning; employee safety compliance and support; technical training; enterprise asset management; and administrative operations.
The chosen candidate will join a talented executive leadership team at NYC Transit and will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of a corporate modernization plan aimed at improving performance. The incumbent will lead the strategic development and implementation of plans designed to deliver best in-class customer service. The Executive Vice President will embed and drive an organizational culture that engages and motivates employees to continuously analyze and improve system and team performance, and reform the customer experience.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in business administration, public administration, engineering, transportation planning, transportation management, or a closely related field of study, and twelve years of full-time related experience, of which eight must have been in a managerial/supervisory/administrative capacity.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, transportation planning, transportation management preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the environment, organization and operation of rail transportation systems and station operations.
- Knowledge of automated fare collection, construction trades and ADA regulations.
- Ability to effectively and strategically lead a large team in a unionized environment.
- Proven record of data-driven management and results-oriented leadership.
- Knowledge of system safety principles, and experience driving behavior-based safety engagement.
- High level decision making, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
NYC Transit associates are offered competitive compensation and a robust benefit package that includes:
- Pension Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Leave Programs
- New York’s 529 College Saving Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Municipal Credit Union
- Commutation Pass
To Apply, Visit our website:
www.mta.info/employment – Select NYC Transit, Select Job Postings, Search by Job Title: Executive Vice President, Station Service and Strategic Planning, or by Job Vacancy Number: 93101, or use the following link https://tinyurl.com/y7nvm2fv
MTA and its affiliated/constituent agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including military service members, to apply.