About the Position:
Representative develops new prospects to secure new contracts for railcar repair and maintenance services via telephone, email and in person.
- Set goals and create strategies for business development.
- Oversee marketing initiatives with a general focus on railroad contractor services.
- Research railroad companies and owners to find new opportunities.
- Contact potential customers to establish a rapport.
- Assess customer needs for railcar repairs and maintenance.
- Arrange meetings with prospects and management.
- Coordinate events with Director of Customer Relations.
- Attend industry conventions, conferences and other events.
- Manage company social media platforms.
- Maintain program with customer contact information on a current basis.
- Prepare weekly activity report.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Industry and railcar service knowledge desired.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Frequent local and out-of-state travel.
- Ability to work remotely or relocate.
Harbor Rail Services
1550 W Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91105
626-398-4065 ext. 3147