An industry trade group is giving short lines a short route to useful safety information.
The Short Line Safety Institute (SLSI) has launched an all-new website, www.shortlinesafety.org, reflecting the variety of programs and resources offered by SLSI to the short line industry and enabling fast and easy access to programs and support materials.
“Our new SLSI website was designed with the short line railroads in mind,” said Tom Murta, Executive Director, SLSI. “It provides a quick way for safety professionals to access materials that they can use right away or share with colleagues, sign up for webinars, training programs, and Safety Culture Assessments, and know where our next training event will take place.
“Within a few days of our launch, we were managing requests for our new Hazmat Materials Instructor Training program, and generated a list of over 100 railroaders that want to be kept abreast of what SLSI is providing, including our Safety Tips.”
The new website provides:
- Easy access to hazardous materials and safety culture resources;
- Ability to download materials from our popular Safety Tips program;
- Sign up for webinars, or review previously recorded events;
- View a calendar of, and register for upcoming events,
- Request an onsite Safety Culture Assessment or HMIT program training for one, or several railroads.
“We are looking forward to adding more products and training services soon. Our website will provide universal and easy access for the short line industry, allowing us to meet our organization’s primary mission – for the short line and regional railroad industry to perform at an increasingly high level of safety,” said Murta.