Due to the ongoing concerns with COVID-19, the NEARS Fall 2020 Virtual Conference in Pittsburgh, Penn., has been switched to a Live Virtual Conference Format, scheduled for Sept. 21-25. The conference plans to have live panels, a Q&A, and many interactive features.
In addition, the NEARS Awards winners will be named. Categories include Transportation Person of the Year and Hall of Fame. The former is a special recognition given to an individual in the transportation industry who has made a significant positive impact on the rail industry, especially in the Northeast Region of North America. The criteria is:
- The nominee must be nominated by a member of the NEARS organization during the year of the nomination.
- The nominee should have been involved with and conducted at least some business in the region of North America that NEARS represents during the nominating year.
- The nominee should have a responsible position in the transportation industry, and must be of good character.
The NEARS Hall of Fame Award is given to NEARS Executive Directors, Officers, Board Members and other individuals who have made personal and professional contributions to the success and welfare of the rail industry in the Northeast Region of North America, and directly to the NEARS organization. The criteria is:
- The nominee must be nominated by a member of the NEARS organization during the year of nomination.
- The nominee should have had a significant involvement in or with the NEARS organization, and should have made a positive impact upon the NEARS organization during that time.
- The nominee should be or have been involved with and conducted at least some business in the region of North America that NEARS represents.
- The nominee should be of good character.
NEARS added that sponsorships for the conference are available. The Virtual Conference sponsorship and registration link is here, or reach out to NEARS Executive Director Scott McCalla at [email protected] or 802-779-1413.
“We are open to many new platforms of helping you get your name out there: Virtual Vendor Fair, allowing our vendors the option to submit up to a three-minute commercial, or offer a live coffee break presentation,” NEARS said. “More speakers, more panels, more visibility!”