Railway Age is pleased to present the results of its second annual Readers’ Influential Leaders program.
Through an online poll, Railway Age subscribers nominated a large group of active (non-retired) people from all areas of the North American railway industry, who they believe to be influential—people whose mantra is making a difference, and who are committed to service.
Following are the top 10 honorees, plus five leaders receiving an honorable mention. Profiles will appear in the May issue of Railway Age.
Honorees (in alphabetical order):
1. Annie Adams, Executive Vice President & Chief Transformation Officer, Norfolk Southern (NS; pictured left, top)
2. Michael Cleveland, Senior Manager, Emerging Technology, BNSF (left, second from top)
4. Jim Hansen, Chief Commercial Officer-Freight Systems, Herzog (left, fourth from top)
5. Joan Hardy, Vice President Sales and Marketing, Grain and Fertilizer, Canadian Pacific (CP; left, bottom)
6. Matthew McClaren, Chief Mechanical Officer-Car, CN (right, top)
7. Clark Ponthier, Senior Vice President-Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement, Union Pacific (UP; right, second from top)
8. Rafael Santana, President and CEO, Wabtec (right, third from top)
9. Mark Wallace, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, CSX (right, fourth from top)
10. Rick Webb, Executive Chairman, Watco (right, bottom)
Honorable Mention (in alphabetical order):
• Ryan Coholan, Chief Railroad Officer, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) (left, second from top)
• Ian Jefferies, President and CEO, Association of American Railroads (AAR; left, bottom)
• M.D. (“Mike”) Stolzman, General Manager, New Orleans Public Belt Railroad (NOPB; right, top)
• Robert J. Riley, CEO, Rock Island Rail (right, bottom)