- This event has passed.
MARS Winter 2023 Meeting
Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - Thursday, January 19, 2023
The Midwest Association of Rail Shippers (MARS) is headquartered in the Chicago area. General membership comes from the provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan and the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
Its objective is to provide an open forum for resolving transportation and car supply issues, coupled with programs designed to educate and inform the membership in areas of railroad operating practices, freight car supply, new innovations in transportation and legislative matters. Meetings are held twice a year, in January and July. Dues are $25 per year.
The MARS Winter Meeting will start with registration at 4:00PM and a get acquainted reception at 5:00 PM on January 17. The January 17-19 event will offer presentations from key industry leaders including:
• Katie Farmer, President and Chief Executive Officer, BNSF Railway
• John Fenton, Chief Executive Officer, Patriot Railroad Company
• Tony Hatch, President, ABH Consulting
• Ian Jefferies, President and Chief Executive Officer, Association of American Railroads
• Adam Nordstrom, Principal, Viking Navigation
• Martin Oberman, Chairman, Surface Transportation Board
• Henry Posner III, Chairman, Railroad Development Corporation
• Glenn Pushis, Senior Vice President, Special Projects, Steel Dynamics
• Tracy Robinson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Canadian National
• David Shannon, General Manager, RailPulse
• Alan Shaw, President and Chief Executive Officer, Norfolk Southern Corporation
• Lorie Tekorius, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Greenbrier Companies
There will also be an expanded MARS vendor exhibition during the Winter Meeting that will run concurrent with all meeting events.