Do you know a visionary woman in the rail industry? Nominate a colleague or yourself for the seventh annual Railway Age Women in Rail awards. The deadline is Friday, September 29.
The 2023 Women in Rail awards will honor, in our November issue, 20 women for their achievements in the rail industry. These outstanding women will be selected based on their leadership, vision, innovation and accomplishments. This award celebrates women leaders in rail and women trailblazers with a track record of breaking down barriers and helping to create industry opportunities for women. Entries will be judged by KellyAnne Gallagher, CEO of the Commuter Rail Coalition, and Barbara Wilson, freight rail industry C-suite executive.
• The nominee must be located within the 50 states, Canada and/or Mexico.
• There is no limit on the number of entries each firm or person can submit (multiple nominations for one candidate do not boost chances), and there is no entry fee.
• Nominees may come from any area of the railroad industry (freight/passenger, engineer/builder/supplier, government/regulatory, etc.).
• Candidates may nominate themselves.
• Industry experience and education.
• Leadership skills.
• Industry contributions.
• Community service involvement.
Deadline: Sept. 29, 2023
Portrait Photo: If a nominee is selected, we will be in touch to ask for a high-resolution (preferably 300 dpi or higher) portrait photo.
Entries are final. Please have your responses fully prepared before submitting.
And don’t miss the Railway Age / RT&S Women in Rail 2023 conference, to be held Nov. 2 at the Union League Club of Chicago. This is your opportunity to network with a diverse group of women and their allies as we discuss how railroaders can maintain the momentum of inclusion, build strong support networks, and take advantage of ever-broadening career opportunities. Join us as the industry conversation continues with this live event covering the freight, passenger and transit rail sectors!