Macintosh formatted: Zip disk.
Please include publication name, issue date, name and phone number, contact person, and a printout of the directories on all media supplied.
Railway Age will return all supplied media, if requested. Please include business card with supplied material for prompt and accurate return.
PDF is the preferred digital file format.
Other accepted file formats are hi-res 300dpi tiff, eps or jpeg
* Railway Age cannot be held responsible for any shifting, copy reflow, or other design shifts due to open application files (e.g., Quark, Illustrator, etc.), which are in themselves unpredictable.
Supply a digital proof that matches supplied digital file and is 100% in size. All ads must be accompanied by a proof that is correct for color,content and size.
Kodak Approval or CREO spectrum are the preferred proof formats for all ads. For quality control, please include color bars created from digital data. If Kodak Approval is unavailable, tearsheets or other color guidance must be provided.
B&W ads must also provide proofs that are created from the digital file, and are 100% the size of the creative. Laser proofs are acceptable for B&W ads ONLY.
* Railway Age cannot be held responsible for color matching on any 4c or 2c ad that is supplied without proper color guidance for 4c or 2c ads. Any advertiser that does not supply color guidance will be billed the additional cost to create proper guidance.
Railway Age is only responsible for the accurate output of the digital ad submitted. We cannot be responsible for correcting bad scans, copy fitting, typos, or other design flaws inherent to the supplied file.
We will work with any advertiser to help with the proper construction of digital files. If we are unable to output files due to incorrect format, damaged disk, or other reasons attributable to your files, files must be resubmitted.
• All supplied files must have embedded fonts, graphics, and color information.
• All files should be supplied as single pages.
• Preferred screen ruling is 133 lines per inch.
• Build pages to trim size and extend the bleed 1/8 inch beyond the document page.
• Make sure raster images are at least 300 ppi. (high resolution).
• All typesetting should be done in an application that will retain the vector properties of the text.
• Do not embed ICC profiles for color matching.
• Do not pre-separate files.
• Trapping: All traps should be applied within the applica-tion that is used to create the document.
• Place 6mm 5%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% C, M, Y, K patch strip for quality on left side of document page.
• Registration offset must be set to a minimum of 12 pts.
• Use only Type 1 fonts. NO True Type font substitutions are allowed. Use stylized fonts only; DO NOT apply style attributes to basic fonts.
• All colors must be CMYK unless the color is printing as a spot color. Please provide color breakdown information for every page. Total area density should not exceed SWOP standard of 300%. For example, 4-color black should be set up as 100%K, 60%C, 40%M and 40%Y. No RGB images allowed.
• All elements must be placed at 100% size. No rotation and cropping of placed images. This must be done in the originated application, i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, etc., prior to placing.
If you have questions please contact production director, Barbara DiGirolamo, at (212) 620-7249 orat [email protected]