March 16, 2017 -
September 23, 2018
|March 21, 2017
|April 04, 2017
Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - Thursday, April 06, 2017 8:00AM - 5:00PM
NJ State Transportation Conference and Expo
Location : Tropicana Casino Conference Center, Atlantic CityContact : 908-647-3622www.njtansactionconf.com
|April 18, 2017
|April 20, 2017
|April 25, 2017
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - Friday, April 28, 2017
Track Safety Standards Part 213 Classes 1-5 Workshop
This 3.5 day course describes track defects and discusses in depth the Federal Track Safety Standards in 49 CFR, Part 213: Track Safety Standards (TSS) Class 1-5 with an interactive approach both in the classroom and in the field. Class 1, Short Line operators, and contractors will find this workshop valuable for those responsible for compliance with the FRA TSS. Upon completion of this course, attendees will have an introductory understanding of how to apply FRA TSS for inspecting track, recording defects, and taking necessary remedial action.
Emphasis during this course is placed on: FRA Qualification, Compliance, Railroad/Track Owner Responsibility, Class Specific Defects, Non Class Specific Defects, Turnout Inspections, Rail Defects, and Inspection Report Requirements.
Those attending will:
- Learn track inspection techniques with special emphasis of turnouts.
- Learn how to measure track parameters in the field.
- Develop a clear understanding of the Federal Track Safety Standards and the FRA track inspection process.
- Track Safety Standards 213
- Subpart A to F
- Track Classes 1 - 5
- Turnout Inspections
- Railroad/Track Owner Responsibility
- Excepted Track
- Responsibility for Compliance
- Non-Class Specific Defects
- Track Components
- Drainage, Vegetation
- Track Geometry, Gage, Alignment, Curves
- Track Surface
- Track Structure
- Ballast, Crossties Wood, Concrete
- Gage Restraint Measuring Systems (GRMS)
- Rail History and Defect Identification
- Rail End Mismatch
- CWR Plans, CWR Plan Content
- Rail Joints , Torch Cut Rail
- Tie Plates, Rail Cant
- Rail Fastening Systems
- Turnouts, Switches, Frogs (RBM, Self-Guarded, Spring Rail, Flange Bearing)
- Track Appliances
- Track, Switches, Crossings, Lift Assemblies, Inspections and Requirements, Automated Inspections (Concrete Ties)
- Special Inspections
- Inspection Record Requirements
Meet the Instructor: Brad Hess
Brad Hess was employed in the railroad industry for more than 48 years. For the past 33 years he worked in the railroad regulatory and safety field as a Track Specialist for the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) and Track Inspector for FRA, the states of California and Nevada. He recently retired from the FRA after spending the last 16 years as the Regional Track Specialist in FRA Region 7, including the states of California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah. Brad holds a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Nevada Reno.
Location : Holiday Inn & Suites at Ameristar, Council Bluffs, IAContact : email@example.com Toll free 1-800-228-9670 (US and Canada)
|May 02, 2017
Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - Thursday, May 04, 2017 8:00AM - 5:00PM
2017 Annual Transloading Conference
Location : Kansas City, MissouriContact : Steve Braithwaite, Executive Director (402) 306-2250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|May 03, 2017
|May 23, 2017
|June 07, 2017
Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - Thursday, June 08, 2017 8:00AM
Railway Age Rail Insights Conference
The key strategic challenges, issues and trends affecting business growth, capital investment, technology, regulation, service quality and safety in the North American Rail Market. Location : Chicago, IL: http://www.railwayage.com/index.php/conferences/rail_insights.html?channel=00
|June 20, 2017
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Rail Infrastructure and Vehicle Inspection Technology (RIVIT) Conference
The RIVIT Conference objectives include improving the effectiveness of existing technologies, development and implementation of new technologies, and presenting research on emerging technologies with the potential to be applied to rail transportation. Location : Urbana, ILContact : email@example.com or (217) 300-1340http://railtec.illinois.edu/RIVIT/rivit.php
|July 09, 2017
Sunday, July 09, 2017 - Saturday, July 15, 2017
Michigan Technological University Summer Youth Program 2017 – Rail and Intermodal Transportation.
This high school program, a collaboration by Michigan Tech’s Rail Transportation Program and the Transportation and Logistics Management Program at University of Wisconsin–Superior, investigates rail and intermodal transportation.
• Learn about and ride trains—the green transportation alternative. Location : Michigan Technological University, 1400 Townsend Drive, Houghton, MI 49931Contact : Amanda Kerttu 906-487-2429
• Find out why trucks, ships, and trains are so important to our economy.
• Learn about advancements in railroad technology, like alternative fuels and advanced train control systems.
• Enjoy technical tours to rail and intermodal facilities in Marquette and Duluth.
• Work in teams to complete group projects.
• Experience college life on two campuses—stay in a residence hall, explore campus, and meet others with similar backgrounds and interests.
• Enjoy Michigan’s Keweenaw Peninsula and the shores of Lake Superior.
|July 10, 2017
|September 25, 2017