The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) is a cosponsor, and Amtrak, Association of American Railroads (AAR), U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), and VIA Rail Canada are cooperating organizations.
APTA describes the 8th World Congress & Trade Exhibition on High-Speed Rail as "the world's largest global gathering focused around successful strategies, latest developments, best practices and innovative technologies in high-speed rail. This year, will address strategic issues linked to the national and international development of high-speed rail systems."
Also participating will be:
• Ray LaHood, Secretary of Transportation of the United States;
• Ana María Pastor Julián, Minister of Public Works and Transport of Spain;
• Denis Lebel, Minister of Transport of Canada;
• Takeshi Maeda, Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan;
• Slawomir Nowak, Minister of Transport of Poland;
• Binali Yildirim, Minister of Transport of Turkey;
• Huawu HE, the Chief engineer, Ministry of Railways, P.R. China;
• Marcel Verslype, Executive Director of (European Railway Agency;
• Mauro Moretti, CEO of FS, Vice President UIC & President of Community of Europe Railway and Infrastructure;
• Vladimir Yakunin, President of JSC Russian Railways RZD; and
• Guillaume Pepy, President of French Railways SNCF.