|Job Type||Full-Time||Job Status||Interviewing|
|Salary Range||Per Year||Shift||Regular Work Day|
|Minimum Education||University||Degree Title|
|Minimum Exerience||5 Year||No of Jobs||1|
|Stop Publishing||07/24/2014||Country||United States|
Location: Manhattan - Midtown
Reference #: 79517
Salary Range: Min: $64,786 / Mid: $80,982 / Max: $97,179
Playing a vital role in the economy of New York State and Connecticut, Metro-North Railroad, a subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), is the busiest commuter railroad in the nation with an annual ridership of over 82 million. A dynamic organization with a strong focus on customer service, safety, and new technologies, Metro-North employs approximately 5,900 people. Operating out of its home base in New York City’s historic Grand Central Terminal, the railroad’s three lines serve 120 stations in seven counties in New York and two counties in Connecticut. In 2011, Metro-North received the prestigious International Brunel Award for Overall Excellence in Railroad Design, recognizing its continuing work as a more efficient operation, its commitment to sustainability, and its focus on providing excellent customer service. Metro-North was the first American railroad to win this coveted award in its 26-year history. The competition is open to all passenger and freight railroads in the world. Metro-North has a reputation for rewarding employee resourcefulness and innovation, and offers excellent job opportunities in a challenging and diverse environment.
The purpose of this position is to optimize the staffing levels for Conductors, Engineers and Assistant Conductors on all MNR trains while optimizing revenue and controlling costs for Metro-North Railroad.
· Develop and coordinate Assistant Conductor Crew Run Assignments for the Crewbooks, Holidays and Special event scheduling with Operations and Labor Relations Departments, ACRE Union representatives, etc.
· Manage the development of appropriate levels of train staffing based on proper application of ridership data, train schedules, and equipment programs.
· Participate in Revenue Collection Task Force with internal Departments to monitor overall effectiveness of revenue collection and participate in development of initiatives to improve onboard revenue collection while controlling costs.
· Assist and provide backup to the Assistant Director Crew Scheduling in the creation of C&E Crew Run Assignments and Crew book production.
· Prepare and maintain train staffing timetables and all other Crew Book statistical reports.
· Working knowledge of a crew scheduling systems, preferably HASTUS.
· Knowledge of ridership demand analysis and service planning.
· Knowledge of manpower planning, payroll, statistical and budgetary constraints.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
· Strong organizational skills needed to manage complex databases.
· Strong ability to exercise a level of independent judgment and decision making.
· Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize workload while adhering to deadlines.
· Effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management and external contacts.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and/or comparable system applications.
· Familiarity with transportation operations.
· Familiarity with ACRE Labor Contractual agreement.
· Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Transportation Planning, Business and/or related field. Demonstrated equivalent education, experience and/or technical credentials may be considered in lieu of degree.
· Minimum of five (5) years experience in planning, service planning and/or crew scheduling, preferably in a transportation environment.
· Minimum three (3) years experience using personal computer applications, including spreadsheets and database management programs (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access).
To be selected for a position, an applicant must: (1) meet the minimum requirements in the job posting, (2) pass a written examination (if applicable), (3) satisfy a background investigation (which includes credit, if applicable), and (4) pass an oral interview, during which the interviewers will further evaluate the applicant's qualifications for the position. Because the selection process is competitive, not all qualified applicants are granted an interview. Metro-North may also require the applicant to undergo a physical ability test, and, if the Company extends a conditional offer, may require him or her to undergo a medical examination, which may include toxicological testing.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
TO APPLY & SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Please visit us at http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/ and Search for “Sr. Specialist Crew Scheduling”, Job ID 79517
All Applicants must apply online to be considered. Metro-North no longer accepts hard copies of resumes.
**Please apply with resume and cover letter**
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page. If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
MTA METRO-NORTH RAILROAD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
|Providence and Worcester Railroad Company|
|L&S Electric |
|Herzog TransitAmerica Services|
|NICTD (Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District)|