|Job Type||Full-Time||Job Status||Interviewing|
|Salary Range||Per Year||Shift||Regular Work Day|
|Minimum Education||University||Degree Title|
|Minimum Exerience||5 Year||No of Jobs||1|
|Stop Publishing||06/28/2014||Country||United States|
Location: Westchester County
Grade H Min: $79,470 / Mid: $99,338 / Max: $119,206
Playing a vital role in the economy of New York State and Connecticut, Metro-North Railroad, a subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), is the busiest commuter railroad in the nation with an annual ridership of over 82 million. A dynamic organization with a strong focus on customer service, safety, and new technologies, Metro-North employs approximately 5,900 people. Operating out of its home base in New York City's historic Grand Central Terminal, the railroad's three lines serve 120 stations in seven counties in New York and two counties in Connecticut. In 2011, Metro-North received the prestigious International Brunel Award for Overall Excellence in Railroad Design, recognizing its continuing work as a more efficient operation, its commitment to sustainability, and its focus on providing excellent customer service. Metro-North was the first American railroad to win this coveted award in its 30-year history. The competition is open to all passenger and freight railroads in the world. Metro-North has a reputation for rewarding employee resourcefulness and innovation, and offers excellent job opportunities in a challenging and diverse environment.
Position Objective :
· Develop, design and manage projects for track, switch, and interlocking systems as they relate to the integrity of track infrastructure on Metro-North Railroad's entire territory.
· Provide oversight for geometry and drainage analysis.
The territories include Hudson, Harlem, Beacon, New Haven, and Port Jervis lines. Evaluate engineering designs and new technology to improve reliability of track components, ensuring safety and FRA compliance.
· Provide management of track engineering staff during the planning, designing and evaluation phases.
· Design projects for track components layout and sustainable systems as they relate to tracks, culverts and tunnels.
· Provide oversight for geometry analysis and drainage system designs.
· Participate on the development of the Metro-North 5 and 20 Year Needs Assessment and future Capital Programs.
· Develop staff and support work groups in expanding system knowledge, researching and evaluating new technology on track engineering systems.
· Provide support for ensuring compliance with mandated Federal Railroad Administration regulations.
· Provide support for work efforts on interdepartmental projects with various department managers to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency.
Required Qualifications :
· Strong knowledge of civil engineering site layout.
· Strong knowledge of track layout analysis and the ability to design and analyze interlocking and switch systems and site planning.
· Strong knowledge of track structure and special track work, including repair, rehabilitation and construction of track and the materials and equipment associated with the work.
· Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills.
· Strong decision making abilities and team performance.
· Strong project management and coordination skills which includes quality control and quality assurance measures.
· Strong ability to interact with internal departments as well as city, state and federal agencies.
· Ability to stay current on track structure issues as related to Railroad activities.
· Proficient with AutoCAD and/or Microstation and Civil Software Design and analysis packages.
· Knowledge of MS Office Suite and/or comparable PC applications.
· Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.
· Available and on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week as required.
· Knowledge of FRA Regulations or AREMA Standards
· Valid Driver's license
· Required Education/Experience
· BS or BE in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited school.
· Minimum 5 years' experience in civil engineering site layout.
· Progressive project management experience with adherence to deadlines, budgets and safety, including supervision of professional staff
Preferred Education/Experience :
· NYS and CT Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain in reciprocity from other states within one year.
For More Information and To Apply, Please visit:
Click on Agree and Search for “Principal Engineer-Track Design / Data Analysis” Under MTA Metro-North Railroad.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer.