|Job Type||Full-Time||Job Status||Sourcing|
|Salary Range||Per Month||Shift||Morning|
|Minimum Education||University||Degree Title|
|Minimum Exerience||10 Year||No of Jobs||1|
|Stop Publishing||06/01/2014||Country||United States|
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is a low-cost provider that is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit www.cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
The transformation of Canada’s iconic railroad continues and Canadian Pacific is looking for a few more great leaders to help us on the journey.
As the General Manager you will provide the strategic leadership and long term planning, design and technology choices for all Signals & Communications facilities, including train control systems, trackside detection systems, automated yard (Hump) systems, crossing warning systems and trackside voice and data communication systems. This position will also be accountable in providing technical oversight to the S&C field service delivery, maintenance and construction, necessary for the safe and efficient wayside operating systems.
• Professional oversight required by the Railway Safety Act / Transport Canada, and Railway Safety Improvement Act / FRA, for Signal and Communications installations, maintenance, and construction
• Liaise with peers at an industry level through various organizations.
• Provide oversight in the development of basic replacement, capacity improvement, crossing warning and other 3rd party signals & communications capital plan of $90 million annually.
• Provide oversight in the development of multi-year plan priorities for S&C wayside systems.
• Ensures that high level of service is maintained and compliance to operating standards
• Provide audit oversight to signal & communication maintenance and construction processes
• Ensures the application of CP safety practices, policies and procedures by all direct reports and staff
• Provides feedback and coaches direct reports to improve their effectiveness, invoke performance improvement plans, assess personal effectiveness and provide development opportunities.
• Professional Engineer Designation, preferably in Electrical Engineering
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior level position, preferably within the transportation industry
• Expert understanding of railway signal and communications systems
• Understanding of track maintenance and other Engineering processes
• People Leadership skills
Please note that only those applicants that apply on-line directly to www.cpr.ca (Requisition #30724) before May 30, 2014 will be considered for this position.