|Job Type||Full-Time||Job Status||Sourcing|
|Salary Range||Per Month||Shift||Morning|
|Minimum Education||University||Degree Title|
|Minimum Exerience||No of Jobs||1|
|Stop Publishing||04/07/2014||Country||United States|
Preferred location of this opportunity is Warren, OH, but remote candidates will also be considered (may have an increased travel requirement).
Guiding force for meeting the regional growth, profitability and return on asset objectives of a product line. Primary global responsibility for developing the strategic plan for his or her products, integrating the plan with global, regional and functional plans, obtaining necessary approvals for human and financial resources from management and achieving the agreed upon goals through the global, regional and functional organizations
· Plans, leads and manages the entire life of a product line from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase.
· Manages and drives product line results in their region including, all channels of distribution, all market segments and to all customers.
· Identification and communication of a business strategy resulting from a thorough understanding of our customer’s requirements, the competitive environment and the Laird technology core competencies for each product line.
· Identification and development of new as well as existing applications and products.
· Regional pricing, working with sales management to insure that the appropriate level of pricing authority and accountability is in place to allow Laird Technologies to respond to competitive opportunities as well as threats while meeting the profitability
· Providing product as well as application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate Laird Technology sales channels.
· Assists and monitors the execution of key new business initiatives and opportunities to achieve growth in profitable sales.
· Definition of product requirements and specifications.
· The guidance and management of development protocols.
· Recommendations for funding of product development efforts.
· Maximize the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on assets for the product line globally.
· Provide a foundation for manufacturing planning and capacity by developing a forecast of demand by product.
· Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
· Establish product cost, quality and delivery requirements.
· Establish a marketing communication and promotional strategy for the product line.
· Demonstrated skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Computer literacy.
· Work across functional lines to translate market trends and opportunities into supported business plans.
· Ability to strategically plan future product opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
· Thirty to forty percent travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
· Fluency in a second language is a strong plus.
· BA/BS in a technical field, an advanced business degree is desired. Engineering and MBA is preferred.
· 5 to 8 years’ experience in product management discipline, or crossover from marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering and/or finance.
· Freight rail industry experience as a Product Manager (or in a similar role) is required. This experience should include the following:
o Defining product line strategy and roadmap
o P&L responsibility
o Identification of new market opportunities
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, United States