|Job Type||Full-Time||Job Status||Sourcing|
|Salary Range||Per Month||Shift||Morning|
|Minimum Education||University||Degree Title|
|Minimum Exerience||No of Jobs||1|
|Stop Publishing||03/27/2014||Country||United States|
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION ENGINEER
LOCATION PHILADELPHIA, PA
TRAVEL 80% travel
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE YES
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Oversee, direct and manage the installation of concrete ties, rail and turnouts, undercutting, shoulder cleaning, ditching, welding, and surfacing work. Oversee manpower, scheduling, equipment, material, and supplies that support track operations. Ensure compliance with Amtrak and Federal Railroad Administration policies and procedures.
· Directly supervises and develops track forces to ensure quality construction, maintenance and safe work performance. Responsible for all aspects of safety in area of responsibility.
· Leads and manages the personal safety and track safety processes and ensures policy compliance.
· Monitors and records track construction productivity to ensure efficient use of all resources and makes the necessary adjustments and procedural changes as required.
· Efficiently plan work and allocate resources to ensure timely accomplishment of tasks.
· Inspect production gang work and track construction projects to ensure quality compliance.
· Monitor track inspection periodically to ensure all Federal and Amtrak requirements are being met by track inspectors.
· Conduct efficiency and operation tests.
· Effectively communicate and build rapport across departments, sub-departments and public agencies.
· Effective utilization of performance management and interpersonal skills to ensure timely feedback and coaching as required to maintain discipline and improve performance.
· Insure compliance to budget with hiring, overtime, and materials procurement.
· Directs, plans and implements long-term programs for capital and maintenance track construction projects.
· Ensures all track programs and projects are completed according to scope, schedule, and budget, as well as compliance with Amtrak and FRA policies and procedures.
· Responsible for the integration of the Production Department’s projects with other disciplines and departments to ensure effective implementation and workforce.
· Ensures resource utilization (labor and equipment) for operating efficiency.
· Establishes production goals and ensures achievement for construction gangs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience.
Demonstrated experience and thorough knowledge of train operations, railroad maintenance and construction methods.
Engineering and construction knowledge.
Some experience in planning/scheduling and project management.
Supervisory experience in Engineering.
Technical track systems experience.
Qualified or have the ability to be qualified in MW1000, NORAC, RWP, AMT2, applicable FRA rules and regulations.
Microsoft Office, WEE, PC experience with spreadsheets.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
Demonstrated experience in communication verbally and in writing internal and external clients.
|Providence and Worcester Railroad Company|
|L&S Electric |
|Herzog TransitAmerica Services|
|NICTD (Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District)|