Director Railway HSE
Location: Washington, DC
Benefits: Medical, Dental/Vision, 401K
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Business Development
Witt O'Brien's is a global leader in preparedness, crisis management and disaster response and recovery with the depth of experience and capability to provide services across the crisis and disaster life cycle. Witt O'Brien's is uniquely positioned to bring together policy architects and technical experts in public safety, with leaders from all levels of government and private sector partners to forge solutions to emergency management challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, promoting, and coordinating Witt O’Brien’s railway health, safety, and environmental (HSE) consultancy services. They will also be responsible for initiating activities associated with business development, sales, and coordination with business units to penetrate the railway industry.
Advise and manage the initiation and implementation of Witt O’Brien’s railway health, safety, and environmental consultancy service specifically by:
• Maintaining knowledge, skills, and abilities to be recognize as an industry expert in Railway HSE.
• Advise on the development and implementation process, policy, and procedures for specific business line participation in Railway HSE consultancy and standby services.
• Consult and coordinate with business line SVPs on implementation of process, policy, and procedures in support of consultancy and standby services.
• Serve as the primary relationship manager for railway clients.
Coordinate and manage the business development and sales effort associated with penetrating the Railway HSE marketplace specifically by:
• Developing and implementing a strategic sales and marketing effort directed at the railway industry and oil trains specifically.
• Assisting in the development of focused marketing collateral for railway HSE consulting and standby services.
• Manage the scheduling and coordination of business development and sales calls within the industry.
• Submit weekly activities and sales reports to the SVP of Business Development and Sales.
• Meet sales and revenue goals as determined.
• Coordinate with marketing on development of appropriate presence at industry specific conference exhibition and attendance.
• Provide input to Newsletter/Communications for railway HSE specific information.
Coordination of business line activities in support of railway consultancy and standby services specifically by:
• Providing input to SVPs into the development of staff and 1099 consultants in support of railway HSE strategy goals and objectives.
• As primary client relationship manager, monitor client satisfaction with services and products being delivered.
• Participate in review of client documents and gap analysis are required.
• Prepare and provide monthly performance and/or progress reports to clients.
• Participate in strategy and business meetings.
Coordinate with Government Relations in support of railway government relations effort specifically by:
• Provide guidance, advice, and support in relation to Rail Safety, OSH&W, EPA, and regulations impacting the railway industry.
• Conduct legislative review of new or proposed legislation for WOB position and client notification.
• Assist in Federal, State, and local government relations as required by client.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
Minimum of 15 years of experience in the industry.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively influence and make presentations to all levels in the organization
• Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize multiple on-going projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications.
• Must be able to travel at short notice
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.