The white paper Maintenance-Free, High-Strength Mechanical Fasteners introduces a removable and reusable locking fastener with HuckBolt®-equivalent vibration resistance that does not require a specialized installation tool. HuckBolt fasteners offer high-fatigue-life with a natural barrier against vibration and clamp loss. The new technology offers flexibility and ease of installation without sacrificing clamping strength and reliability in an extreme environment, such as a railroad. Developed by Alcoa Fastening Systems & Rings and known as the Huck 360®, this system offers high-strength fastening for connections requiring field service with standard tools. Download the white paper » In this white paper, learn about the benefits of the Huck 360®, which include: • Resistance to vibration-induced loosening • Ability to withstand high spike loads • Increased equipment availability • Installation 300% faster than conventional locknuts • Can be installed and removed with conventional tools
This white paper is brought to you by:
The Association of American Railroads tested different car types and side bearing designs to evaluate side bearing designs on freight car performance. AAR concluded metal-capped, long-travel CCSBs provide superior performance. This webinar will help freight car owners and operators understand the benefits of CCSBs, and how to maintain those benefits through proper installation, inspection, and maintenance.
VIEW NOW »
Mechanical Engineer, Side Bearing Development Rosie Galindo, Director of Engineering Bob Pokorski, and Manager Technical Services Tom Ekstrom will outline the considerable benefits of CCSBs.
All presenters will highlight important takeaway points for webinar attendees developing plans for addressing, and meeting, this mandate.
In order to help ensure proper delivery of emails to your Inbox, you can add senders of legitimate emails to your whitelist, also called the Approved or Safe Sender list. Click below to view instructions on how to do so for several popular ISP's.
AIM Mail (AOL)
1. Click Contacts in the right toolbar. 2. Click Add Contact. 3. Enter the email address and additional information if you wish. 4. Click Add Contact button in the popup to finish.
back to top
1. Click Preferences from the menu. 2. Click Restrict Incoming Email. 3. Click Yes to Enable Email Controls. 4. Click Allow email from addresses listed below. 5. Enter the from email address you want to whitelist. 6. Click Add. 7. Click Update to finish.
1. Click Address Book. 2. Click the Companies (Domains) link in the top right corner. 3. Click Add. 4. Enter the domain of the address you want to whitelist. 5. Click Allow This Company (Domain) to finish.
1. Open an email from the sender that you want to whitelist. 2. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to "reply." 3. Click Add (sender name) to contacts list to finish.
1. Click the sender's name or email address in the header of the message you're viewing. 2. Click Add to finish.
1. Click the Address Book tab on the top menu bar. 2. Click Contacts. 3. Click Add Contact. 4. Enter the email address and additional information if you wish. 5. Click Save to finish.
Windows Live Hotmail
1. Open an email from the sender that you want to whitelist. 2. Click Add to contacts next to the sender name to finish.
1. Open the email message from the sender you want to add to your address book. 2. Click Add to contacts next to the sender name to finish. 3. On the Add Contact popup, enter additional information if you wish. 4. Click Save to finish.
Microsoft Outlook 2003
1. Open the email message from the sender you want to add to your address book. 2. Right-click Click here to download images in the gray bar at the top of the message. 3. Click Add Sender to Senders Safe List to finish.
1. Right-click on the email you received (in the list of emails). 2. Click Junk E-mail. 3. Click Add Sender to Safe Senders List to finish.
1. Click the Home tab. 2. Click Junk. 3. Click Junk E-mail Options. 4. Click Safe Senders. 5. Click Add. 6. Enter the email address and additional information if you wish. 7. Click OK to finish.
Mozilla Thunderbird for PC
1. Click Address Book. 2. Make sure Personal Address Book is highlighted. 3. Click New Card. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other. 4. Under Contact, enter the email address and additional information if you wish. 5. Click OK to finish .
Whitelist your Personal Address Book:
1. Click Tools. 2. Click Junk Mail Controls. This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter . 3. Under Settings, update the White Lists module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu. 4. Check the box next to Do not mark messages as junk mail. 5. Click OK to finish.
1. Open the email message from the sender you want to add to your address book. 2. Right-click the sender's email address. 3. Click Add to address book. 4. Click Save to finish.
1. Click Address Book . 2. Click File. 3. Click New Card. 4. Enter the email address and additional information if you wish. . 5. Click Edit to finish.
Mozilla Thunderbird for Mac
back to to
Thank you for subscribing to Railway Age's newsletter(s). You should receive an email confirmation shortly.
To ensure you receive Railway Age emails without a hitch, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. Here's how.
If you would like to subscribe to our magazine, please click here.
You may have previously unsubscribed from our newsletters. Please contact email@example.com to process your newsletter subscription request.You may also re-subscribe by using an alternative email address. Welcome back!
The Railway Educational BureauTraining, Workshops & Consulting
The Railway Educational Bureau (REB) has trained the railroad industry's skilled-labor workforce for over a century. Our time-tested courses are widely accepted by the industry. We strive to ensure that our information is current with Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulations and Association of American Railroads (AAR) rules. Additionally, our unique relationship with three leading rail publications—Railway Age, Railway Track & Structures, and International Rail Journal—keeps us abreast of the railroad industry.
We offer several training delivery methods for the railroad industry, including: correspondence training, work site training and workshops in addition to training-related consulting.
Visit our website to learn more, or view our course catalog.
TransAlert: Simmons-Boadman Books, Inc.Books, Videos, Charts, Maps & Tools
Simmons-Boardman Books, Inc. is a publisher and retailer of books, videos, charts, maps, and tools. Our offerings span across the railroad, marine, signage, and hospitality industries. The bulk of our products serve the railroad industry, which is why we're proud of our heritage as a sister company to Railway Age, Railway Track & Structures and International Railway Journal.
Visit our website to learn more.
ARKANSAS DEPARTMENT OF PARKS
Friday, January 06, 2012
The Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism (ADPT), State Parks Division, is offering for sale surplus property consisting of approximately 35 miles of rail and other track material (OTM) within a 32 mile corridor on the Delta Heritage Trail between Snow Lake, AR (MP 367.70) and Cypress Bend, AR (MP 399.70) in Arkansas and Desha Counties, Arkansas. This surplus property is potentially suitable for relay or for scrap metal and will be sold by written sealed bids. The above referenced surplus property will be awarded to the highest responsible/qualified bidder, however ADPT reserves the right to reject any or all bids submitted. Bids are subject to acceptance by the Arkansas State Parks, Recreation, and Travel Commission and are subject to all applicable State and Federal laws, policies, and procedures. Sealed bids will be opened by the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism at 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on March 15, 2012. Bidder awarded the surplus property agrees to pay the price bid as is, where is, and shall pay the total amount bid for the surplus property within thirty (30) days upon being notified of being the successful bidder. For more information and/or a bidder’s packet contact: