• Assist the Assistant Division Engineer C &S with budgetary matters and other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for the compliance of all FRA signal required testing for signal cutovers.
• Schedule departmental employee’s safety, technical training, and required physical examinations.
• Distributes all C & S letters to pertinent C & S employees and is responsible for field compliance.
• Coordinates and ensures all revisions to new interlocking are in compliance at signal cutovers with construction forces and ensures compliance of AMT-23/AMT-27. Assist C & S field employees in handling problems encountered during signal cutovers.
• Reviews the C & S report and advises the Asst. Division Engineer C & S of all overdue signal system field tests.
• Manages and coordinates the current maintenance workforce for the Northeast Division East C & S.
• Responsible for coordinating and participating in all field inspections.
• Assist the Assistant Division Engineer C & S to ensure adequate signal materials are available and ensures cost effective materials management of same.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related filed or the equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience. Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
Extensive experience in C & S construction, maintenance of railroad signal facilities and knowledge of railroad signal systems of predecessor railroads. Working knowledge of Amtrak’s interlocking layouts and physical characteristics. Knowledge of FRA standards, rules and regulations pertaining to signal systems. Extensive knowledge of BRS and ARASA agreements. Experience with automatic signal locations, cut sections, electric look locations and relays to ensure compliance with Federal and Amtrak’s standards governing railroad signal systems. Demonstrated experience with electrical systems in both maintenance and construction.
Travel for this position is required. Relocation is offered.